I am at the moment currently enjoying my holiday in Cologne, Germany. It is one of several cities I visited (and plan to visit) during this so-called Europe Roadtrip 2015.
I have a printer, HP Envy 4500 that couldn’t print anything longer than three pages. It kept stopping in the middle of the printing job. The printer showed that the job is cancelled and the laptop showed: Printer Error – HP ENVY cancelling print job.
So far, I could always find other excuse to not use the printer at all. But today, I decided to fix it.
After trying different methods suggested by people, which were not solving anything, finally I found one ultimate answer. It was an answer from Mystic_Alchemy, quite deep down a thread of an HP forum.
- First find out what the IP address of your printer is. You can do this by pressing the small wifi button on the front of your printer and it will show the IP address.
- Then what you’ll have to do is go to the start menu of your computer and search for “Devices and Printers”.
- Click that and a screen will open. Look for your printer an right click.
- Click “Printer Properties” and a new screen will open.
- Along the top you will see a few tabs. Click the one that says “Ports”
- Click “Add Port”
- Highlight “Standard TCP/IP Port” by clicking on it, then click “New Port”
- A new screen will open.
- Click “Next”
- Type in the IP Address of your printer and click “Next”
- After that your computer should find your printer.
- Click finish
By now, all should be set and ready to go!
I have been playing around with Docker for my master thesis and found out that Docker is going to be the de-facto standard for container. When I was researching about Docker that I also found out about FreeBSD Jails. Moreover, I also decided to play around with Puppet while I am anyway busy with this.
This post therefore is going to describe a scenario of having two Jails which would be managed by Puppet and the networking issue around it.
Went to Brussels on the weekend by car with my wife. It was tiring but a really nice experience. The highlight of the day was meeting dinosaurs at The Museum of Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.
The complete experience gonna be shared in ardhoindri.nl very soon. :)