I have a printer, HP Envy 4500 that couldn’t print anything longer than three pages. It kept stopping in the middle of the printing job. The printer showed that the job is cancelled and the laptop showed: Printer Error – HP ENVY cancelling print job.
So far, I could always find other excuse to not use the printer at all. But today, I decided to fix it.
After trying different methods suggested by people, which were not solving anything, finally I found one ultimate answer. It was an answer from Mystic_Alchemy, quite deep down a thread of an HP forum.
- First find out what the IP address of your printer is. You can do this by pressing the small wifi button on the front of your printer and it will show the IP address.
- Then what you’ll have to do is go to the start menu of your computer and search for “Devices and Printers”.
- Click that and a screen will open. Look for your printer an right click.
- Click “Printer Properties” and a new screen will open.
- Along the top you will see a few tabs. Click the one that says “Ports”
- Click “Add Port”
- Highlight “Standard TCP/IP Port” by clicking on it, then click “New Port”
- A new screen will open.
- Click “Next”
- Type in the IP Address of your printer and click “Next”
- After that your computer should find your printer.
- Click finish
By now, all should be set and ready to go!